Monday, July 9, 2012

Well...good afternoon everyone! It's a Monday afternoon and I am able to do a little writing. A major perk to teaching/coaching... You have most of your summers off. :) Give me another month and I certainly won't be able to be doing this at 3:30 in the afternoon :) . So, things have been good and the summer is quickly fading away. Sure is nice to see some rain. It has now been 11 days since the crazy spider incident. The meds that I was given really made me sick and made me feel pretty crummy most of the time. Lost some weight, but I'll gain it back quick once I get my appetite back. :) I was suppose to take another weeks worth of them, BUT they told me at the doc office that as much antibiotics as I've had the last week and a half, I should be good to go. This is awesome news because now I'm thinking I will have an appetite again and start feeling more like normal. :))) I was never a sick child and I've never liked to take meds of any kind. I will however take them if it means they will make me feel better, but when they make u feel horrible.... that's a different story... Just hope the bite area continues to heal up. The spider bite itself looks like it's pretty much gone except for a scar, but I do have some red bumps around the area that continue to itch a little. Hopefully, those will clear up soon. I'm ready to get all of this behind me and move forward.

 So today marks 13 years since my sweet father received a kidney transplant. I was a young wipper snapper when all of this took place. At the time I didn't realize how important this was and how vital it was to his life. I just took for granted that my parents would always be alive and that they were invincible.  Dad had gotten really sick tho before his transplant. He had been on dialysis for over a year and he stayed so sick all the time. I'll never forget those days. I give all the thanks and glory to God for seeing to it that he was able to get a kidney and continue his life. :)))  If it wasn't for my mom always keeping such a good close watch on dad and making sure his health was a priority, who knows how my dad would have turned out. My mom is a warrior in a half. She is the back bone to our family and a go getter. She always puts us all first and herself last. She wouldn't have it any other way.
 Well, as I write this I hear the thunder rolling... :)
 I'm so very blessed and so fortunate. God has been so good to me my whole life. I complain from time to time about different things, but I have no reason to complain. Things could be much worse and I'm grateful for all the many wonderful people that are in my life. The people that are there always through the good and the bad times. I do love all of you..

 Enjoy your Monday evening everyone :) Til nxt time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment