Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm Back Blogging Again :)

It's Wednesday evening of Spring Break 2011. This Wednesday,however, is not your typical Wednesday. No, indeed it's anything other than a typical Wednesday. You see, on the day of March 16th my dad was born. So today has been a glorious day that we have celebrated with cake, homemade strawberry ice cream, burgers on the grill and sausage. Gosh, it was all so tasty that we ate til' we nearly popped. Then of course we had to give Daddy-o his typical funny cards & some PGA Tour Polo shirts of all colors so he can be styling and profiling. He's always styling though ;)

So, today I have done some thinking about the grand scheme of life and what's truly important. I know we all sometimes lose sight of what truly matters. Waking up this morning just thinking about my dad being alive to have another birthday made me realize soo much. Twelve years ago he received a kidney transplant and that was truly a gift from God. Since then I feel each birthday is even more special than ever before. I get caught up in my daily life sometimes and I allow myself to get stressed over things that I really shouldn't. I strive to do my best in all that I do & sometimes things still don't work out just exactly how I hoped that they would. When they don't then my "stress/overload button" kicks in and that's when I lose focus on how blessed I truly am.

Of course we would all love to go through each day of our life and never stump our toe, feel sick, hurt, angry, sad, etc. We would love to go through each day perfectly happy and content just knowing that everything is perfect. Sad to say, that's not reality. Life happens and when it does you have to be ready to hang on and put your trust in God. When "life happens" you have to look to the best parts of your life and focus on them. Keep your priorities in order and don't sweat the small stuff because sweating should only be done in the hot Texas summer heat. :)

The older I get the more I realize and understand that "making a positive difference" in this world is the key.

Well, this is my first blog post in a long time. I've missed writing on here, but I just haven't had the time. Maybe I'll start back from time to time to keep everyone updated on my fast paced life. Remember, when you feel like you're constantly looking down, try looking up.....

Til Nxt Time- Coach Stansell

No comments:

Post a Comment