Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Last Night of "Spring Break"

Good evening everyone. This post will not be very lengthy because I have work tomorrow and it's time for this girl to catch some zzz's. Before I go to bed for the night I'd like to say that this spring break has probably been the best I can ever remember having. You may ask yourself the question, "why?" I mean, Kary and I didn't go on a vacation or even really leave the place for more than 6 hours at a time. I've had spring breaks where I was gone for the whole time on different vacations & that was fun as well, but this spring break really does mean more than any of the others ones. Kary and I got soo much done in our yard the past 5 days. Last summer we got married out here on our land and it was a lot of hard work, but it was really pretty. Well, we both decided that we wanted the yard to look just as nice this summer. Of course, we won't have to work quite as hard b/c a lot of the plants are coming back up from "bulbs" that we planted last year. So, that makes it really nice, but we still have the dirt work, mulching, weeding, etc. etc.. Actually, as I type this my fingers hurt from pulling weeds and grass away from 60 something rose bushes today. :) There's just something about working together with your family that means more than any vacation. Also, seeing the progress you are making helps and motivates you to keep on getthing things done. :)

Beside working in the yard, my dad had a birthday. We cooked out hamburgers for it over at the house and we all had just a great time. Tonight we grilled chicken breasts over the charcoals and mesquite wood & we ate outside under the gazebo. :) I love ths weather and I love the life we live. My parents and Kary are the 3 most important people in my life. I'll take time well spent with those 3 individuals any day over a big vacation. That's why I said this spring break was simply amazing. I couldn't have asked for anything more. :)

Now, don't get me wrong with what I said above. I think there's always a time and place for vacations and getting away from the area for a few days or a week. There's nothing wrong with that & I hope we get to do that this summer, but for "us" our spring break was spent perfectly right here :)

I don't have any words of wisdom tonight really. Just remember that your actions can make you or break you. Be a good example for others to follow & allow God to work in you and through you so that others may become better individuals by seeing the good things you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment