Thursday, April 21, 2011

Couldn't live with out....

Evening ya'll.. Yes, it's a good evening indeed. It's the start of a 3 day weekend for myself. Poor Kary has to work tomorrow & I do feel sorry for him, but that's what happens when you take extra snow days. I remember him laughing at me when we had to go to work on a day that was a "potential" snow day and he got to stay home b/c they didn't have school. Now, he is making up for it. Poor fellow..
My title of this post is " Couldn't live with out.." I was going to fill in those blanks tonight. First of all, that sweet guy I was talking about above is not only my best friend but also my husband. There's no way on this earth that I could live w/out him. He is my saving grace and he has always been there for me. I can't believe it has nearly been 6 years ago that we were introduced on a blind date. I had never been on a blind date before, until I went on one with Kary. :) Things worked out perfectly for us. Like the old saying goes, if it's meant to happen it will. :)

Other people that I couldn't live w/out are my loving, caring parents. They are the msot amazing parents I've ever known. There are a lot of people that have their own special place in my heart and mean so very much to me. I'd write a novel if I listed each of them on here. Just know that if you are reading this, then there's a good chance you are one of those people that I couldn't live w/out. :)

So, on to another story. I decided I couldn't take that stupid walking boot any longer. I threw it literally in the far back corner of the closet when I got home. It has made my leg hurt soo bad. I said I'd have far worse problems that my foot being numb all the time and a messed up tendon, than if I continued to wear that boot and alter my walking patterns. I could just see me being all swoled up on one side. hehe.. So, I've decided to go with the ankle/foot wrap they gave me and try that for support and to immobilize the foot. I'm probably not going to make the doc very happy when I go back to him in 3 weeks. Some of you were asking what happened so in case you didn't know this is what happened....
Several months ago I started noticing my foot kind of tingling while I ran. Didn't think anything of it. When you run 4-6 miles daily there's ALWAYS some sort of ache or discomfort. Especially when your feet are as flat as a duck like mine. So, I continued on even tho I notice that this tingling/numbness began to increase and then burning started taking place. Finally, one day I was doing bleachers at the football field and i hit a bleacher wrong and it sent a sharp pain through my foot. At that point I tried to continue on, but the pain was pretty great so I quit. The next day I attempted running at the track bright and early and my foot was killing me. I continued on until I got to where I could not do ne thing b/c of the "burning/hurting" that was going on. So, we made the appointment with my old foot doc that performed surgery once before. He looks at my foot and does some tests to find that the "tarsal tibial nerves" are entrapped and pinched causing the numbness and that there's a chance of a slight tibial tendon tear. So, I got this boot to try and keep pressure off my foot and keep it still. If no progress is made in 3 weeks, I risk the chance of having to have surgery done on the side of my foot. Hoping that the foot gets better b/c I'm no longer getting to run.. So I do hope it can all heal itself. He said if the tendon is torn it wouldn't heal itself, but he doesnt know for sure if it's torn yet or just really stretched out and strained since i have 0 range of motion. So pretty much all the running I do is actually the devil in disguise.. :) I'm stubborn and hard headed and I run way to much. I don't listen to my body when it tries to tell me to slow down, instead i speed up! Running is somthing I don't think I'd ever be able to live w/out, but i am going to have to decrease how much running i do on these flat feet of mine. :)

You know, it'd be pretty hard for me to live w/out my 2 pups snickers and roxie. They know how to make a bad day into a really good day. Just that look in their eyes and their tails wagging when you get home b/c they are soo happy to see you, makes me smile. :) Dogs are truly precious family members. :) Snickers and Roxie are mine and Kary's kiddos :) I think we actually treat them better than most people treat their own kids. :)

Ok, before I leave I guess I shall write some words of wisdom for the night. At the end of the day you need to feel good about what you have done that day. If you don't then you need to figure out what you can do differently in order to feel good about yourself and your days efforts. When you lay your head down at night you should be proud of who you are and the person you stand for. If you aren't then something needs to change!

Have a great Easter weekend everyone!!!
Love, Stand-still

No comments:

Post a Comment