Saturday, April 23, 2011

Have an attitude with gratitude.....

So, I saw this quote today " have an attitude with gratitude" and I imediately fell in love with it. That quote has soo much meaning within it && is very true. It seems like we all get so caught up in our day to day lives & what we wish we had or wish we could do. We sometimes lose sight of just being grateful for what we do have. :}

I think if we all woke up every day just being grateful that we lived to see another day then this world would be such a much better place to live in. Oh well, there's always hope :)

So, about today....Today Wal-Mart was a complete mad house!! Everyone and their dog seemed to be buying eggs at the last minute for Easter. I even witnessed someone hiding eggs in the wal-mart parking lot. ( guess they had no where else to go? ) So, I got some groceries and left that place as fast as I could. Kary had practice today with the slow pitch softball team that he is playing with this summer. When I got all the groceries put away I decided to begin work on a project down by the windmill. We tend to have a LOT of projects going on now days. This is one of about 1000 things we want to do around the yard. I'm not sure why we continue to create new things to do, but we do & I love it! If you check out my facebook page you will see the picture of the windmill and the landscaping work that I did around it today. :) I was very happy with how it turned out & when Kary got home I think he was shocked. Or maybe he was soo happy to see it b/c that was more area that had mulch around it and less weedeating to do for him hehe.. Silly boy!!
Tonight was great b/c we ventured to our home away from called 5D steakhouse. That place is perfect & if you haven't been there then you're truly missing out! It's in a small town of Avinger, Tx. A very romatic place that has the best steaks around. We like it b/c it's like our " date " spot. Try it sometime and I promise you will not be disappointed.
So, I have my swole foot up on some pillows with some ice trying to recover it from todays walking and working. My doc will NOT be happy with me when I go back May 18th, I can tell already.
Ranger game tomorrow for us!! We will be behind the catcher not very far up. So, if you get a chance to turn on your tv see if you can find us :)

I can't believe that there's only 5 weeks of school left. I keep thinking about so many different things that I want to accomplish not only this summer, but over the course of the next year. I have personal goals that I am setting for myself. This time next year I hope to have accomplished most of them. I know I'm sure gonna give it a great effort & we shall see how the cards fall.

One thing I have learned over this past year is this.. You are going to fall down and get dirty and even have a few bruises from time to time. Things won't always go perfectly for you like you wish they would. Life will bring unexpected turns, but how you react to them is the key. It's important to dust yourself off and say I CAN & I'VE GOT THIS. I've learned that each day will bring about new situations that you will learn from and become better because of them. Take opportunities and maximize them the best that you can. Knowledge is power and there's no substitute for hard work. Keep on keeping on even when sometimes those bruises make you feel like dragging around. :)

Well, that's my lil' small corner of advice for the night and sneak peak into my brain. haha Time to get off of here for the night.
Til nxt time, keep it real!!

No comments:

Post a Comment