Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Being Strong...

Well, we have made it through half of this week now and the weather is still COLD! I am not a cold weather person nor will I ever be!~ If you know me very well then you know that I have NO circulation in my hands and my fingers turn the deepest, darkest purple and black when they get cold. Before our game yesterday I had to put my hands in the heaters of the car to warm them up enough to fill my finger tips. I do soo much better in hot weather. It can be as hot as it wants to be and I promise I will NOT complain.. I'm also much happier when it's hot. :) For some odd reason though I still got up early all week long so far and went to the track in the cold to run. I think that's only because the treadmill has gotten boring beyond boring. :)
They say it's gonna start warming back up and that makes me one happy girl!!!! Bring it on!

Lets see, today during my conference time I had some spare time to think for a little while. Thinking is something that I don't do real often, but time to time I try to just so my brain stays active and doesn't freeze up on me. :) As I was thinking about so many different things I kept going back to what it means to "be strong". Being strong can mean having a lot of physical strength, which i DON'T have. I try to act like I do and I tell Kary I am stronger than him, but I'm not ;)... Being strong can also mean your mental state. By this I mean, we all have great days, so so days, I need to go back to bed days and just flat out bad days. If we aren't mentally strong then all those days I mentioned other than the "great days" can take a toll on us really quick! It's important to figure out what keeps you mentally strong? I know I have learned a LOT from running and working out. Running is one of those things that you learn real quick if you're not mentally tough then you don't last long with it. Running has helped me soo much not just physically but mentally as well. :) So, what does being strong to you mean? Are you mentally strong? It's one of those deals that has a lot of different meanings to it and there are a lot of ways to become mentally strong. Running is not the only option of course, but it has been what has led me to become a lot more mentally tough than I was 5 or 10 years ago. :)

This time of year is soo busy for me and so many other people. I am in the middle of softball season and working on elementary track and field day. Both of these things I really love and I am passionate about. I don't have a lot of spare time right now, but I've never been good with just sitting around doing nothing. That's certainly not me. I think I am far too a.d.d for that. I have to constantly be moving around or doing something... :)

So, today I got the courage up to give blood for a sweet little boy named Carter Townes. Well, I get over there and they prick my finger and tell me that my iron count is toooo low to give blood. I asked them if I could anyway and they said NO I'd be a sick puppy if I did. So, then I felt bad b/c I couldn't help out. :( Stupid iron!!

Tonight I ate at good ole Tacos Mexico with some really sweet awesome people. They know who they are ;)

Well, life is good. I know sometimes I stress out and act like I am soo tired, but honestly I have nothing to complain about. My new personal goal is to be as optimistic as I can be and remember that I am blessed not stressed. That's the truth right there! I couldn't have a better life than what I have.

I wish you all a awesome Thursday and when you wake up in the morning ask yourself what you hope to accomplish for the day. :)

Good night to all- Love, Coach Stand-still

No comments:

Post a Comment