Sunday, June 19, 2011

chances are......

So, the title of this blog is called "chances are." I was listening to some music earlier and it made me think. I usually do my best thinking when I listen to music for some reason. You know, we all take chances in life. You take a chance just getting out of the bed in the morning that you might stump your toe going into the living room :) My point is this... If you don't take chances in life you're never going to grow and sometimes you can miss out on some great opportunities. If at first things don't seem to be going how you hoped for when you took that leap of faith, just hang in there and keep trying. Sometimes the best things take a while to come around. Sometimes failure can be a test to see how strong you are and honestly, it's not failure unless you just give up. If your learn from it and are able to gain something positive then was it really failure? I think not... Of course this is all just my perspective on life. My perspective is not always right nor is it the best, but it's what I try to live by and it's helped me a lot. Chances are when you wake up in the morning you automatically set the tone for how you're day will go. If you wake up all grumpy then your day may not go all too great unless u get a huge cup of coffee or some caffiene. ;) If you get out of bed with the attitude that great things are going to take place and that God is good and on your side then your attitude will rub off onto others or it will just annoy the dog out of them. :) Chances are something that we all take in life. Don't hide behind a curtain just b/c you're afraid of taking chances. LIfe is far toooo short to not go for the gold and give it your best shot! :)




Well, today has been a really amazing day. You're probably thinking that I think every day is amazing. Well,contrary to popular belief I have good and bad days jst like everyone else, but I try to make the absolute most of the good days. When I do this the "good" day turns into an AMAZING days. :) Life is far too short to live any other way.

So, today is Father's Day & we took my dad to Red Lobster in Texarkana. He LOVES that place & I'm pretty partial to it myself... As we rode down to Texarkana I thought to myself how lucky I am to still have the opportunity to see my dad and spend quality time with him. Sooo many peope don't have that luxury & I need to remember this. It's a blessing that he is still here with us after all that he has been through. Today really makes me stop and think and give "THANKS" to the man above. :)

This morning was most excellent b/c Kary and I went back to CUMC to listen to John preach.He's the most awesome preacher I've ever listened to. He is sooo down to earth and caring. We had got into a bad habit of not attending church on Sundays just b/c it was our own fault. I had missed it greatly. My weeks always start off soooo much better when I start them with worshipping the Lord. A huge thank you to all that said they had prayed for us to start coming back out there. :) That means a LOT!

I wish you all the best that life has to offer!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment